Blackjack Money ManagementMoney Management is the use of one's monetary resources in the most efficient manner possible. Very few Blackjack players realize how important this tool really is. They figure that as long as they play perfect Basic Strategy and use Card Counting, they will walk away from the Casino with money in their pocket. That simply is not so. There are so many ways that you can take a winning day and turn it into a loss really fast.
Money Management involves not only "managing your money" but also managing your discipline, your generosity, your focus, your greed and your drinking among other things. There are so many different ways to lose money at the Casino. Your 2% edge over the Casino can amount to nothing if you are not wise with your money.
Here are some basic money management skills to develope when you are playing Blackjack:
- Decide before going to the Casino what your bankroll is for
the night. Don't get caught spending more than you initially decided
- Decide before going to the Casino how much money you are content
with winning for the night. Be realistic.
- Choose a table wisely. If you have a $200 bankroll, don't choose
a $50 Minimum bet table. Rule of Thumb: Your bankroll should be
no less than 20 times the minimum bet.
- Stay sharp and alert. If you are tired, there is no way you
can concentrate on all of the things you will need to do such
as Card Counting. Leave the Casino and come back another day.
- Don't get emotional. If things aren't going according to plan,
stay calm. Don't stray from your strategy.
- Avoid quick comebacks. If you are on a losing streak, just accept
it. Don't risk your whole bankroll trying to get it all back in
a few minutes.
- Don't get drunk. Alcohol is usually free. Don't get carried
away. If you are drunk, you cannot possibly be doing all of the
things you need to do to win at Blackjack.
- Be realistic when tipping the dealer. Excessive tipping can
put a real dent in your profit margin.
- Know when to leave.
If you want to learn more and develop a more formalized and mechanical system with a complete integration of all of the tools of the Blackjack player, I strongly urge you to purchase the full version of BLACKJACK: The Complete Strategy
The full version includes:
- Introduction to Blackjack
- Rules of Blackjack
- Basic Strategy
- Printable Basic Strategy Charts
- Blackjack Player's Journal
- A complete Card Counting System
- A complete Progressive Betting System
- Money Management Strategy
The price of the whole package is less than most players' minimum bet when they go to the casino. $49.95 U.S.